KitNipBox.Com - Toy Killed My Beautiful Cat

I ordered my first kitnip box for my 3 wonderful cats, but especially for my beautiful Latte who loves toys and playing with them. When I got the box I opened up two of the toys. One was a stuffed cat who had a pocket you put catnip in, and the other a 'teaser wand' which is a wand, with a bungie cord on it and at the end of the bungie cord are hanging streamers. Somehow my Latte got a hold of this wand later on in the day and ate all the streamers off. I immediately took him to his vet where I was told (by xrays) that indeed he had swallowed all of these streamers and needed to be operated on, or it would cause a blockage in the intestines. He did not make it.

Before I allowed this box in my home I had a beautiful, sweet, HEALTHY 8 year old cat that I had watched come into this world. Now my Latte is dead. This toy needs to be taken off the market. ANYONE who has this toy in their home should be notified by both and that this toy caused the death of my beautiful Latte.

Putting ''Supervision Is Necessary'' on this type of product does NO good. If by some chance your cat gets it and you don't happen to see it, death could be the result. They want you to supervise toys for children also, but they sure don't make anything where if the child grabs it and the parent doesn't see it death is the result.

This toy should be taken out of all boxes. ALL customers who received this toy should be notified that the love of my life, Latte was killed by eating these streamers. The company who makes this toy, should remove this product from the website, and also inform ANYONE who has ordered it in the past that this toy caused the brutal death of my friend. Never mind your pathetic 'Supervision' warning on the back. That only covers you from lawsuits, it doesn't cover pet owners for death.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Customer service
Discounts and Special Offers
Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy
Diversity of Products or Services
Price Affordability

  • What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Tons of guilt i feel from the death of my gorgeous latte

Reason of review:
My beautiful cat, my dearest Latte, died from eating a toy out of
Preferred solution:
Remove this product from all future boxes. Notify ALL customers who have previously received this toy that my beautiful Latte is dead because of it.
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Ethical Pet Teaser Wand
Review category
Pet Stores
review #689835 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with KitNipBox? Submit review ›
Helpful? 6 Yes 6 16 No 16
Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 15 #1213010

Sorry for your loss. You can't even watch a child every minute of the day.

0 0 Reply

Sep 10 #1210540 Mount Laurel, New Jersey

to be honest that's your fault. you should have put the toy where the cats couldn't get to it, and if you have kids you should have put it in a draw or somewhere too high for cats and children to access..

0 2 Reply

Sep 15 #1212994

Comment from someone who works for the company, obviously.

0 0 Reply

Aug 20 #1201695 Henderson, Nevada

I can't believe how heartless some people are. Read the reviews of most cat toys, they tell how their cats drag it all over the house. Do you really think the pet owners follow the cat from room to room? Someone lost their best friend and *** hiding behind a screen judge them. How disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
If this was someone in YOUR family who lost THEIR beloved pet you wouldn't speak to them this way but since it's a stranger I guess it's perfectly fine to stick a knife in their heart through the internet.

4 0 Reply

Aug 12 #1198046 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I agree with the first said didn't do that....and kids do die from toys that are used's up to the parent (pet parent too) to make sure everything they use/play with is ok, supervised and taken away when chewed or broken. People and pets die all the time from product misuse, because they are not vigilant in the directions or think that won't happen to me. All to us should be put away in a place not reachable to pets or kids, when not in use or supervised. Common sense. I know it's hard to loose a pet, but in all reality, it's not the toys fault your cat liked it enough to eat it. It was very unfortunate.

0 6 Reply

Sep 15 #1212995

*lose, not loose
If you're going to be a huge *** then at least spell correctly.

0 0 Reply

Sep 15 #1212996

*lose not loose
If you're going to be a huge *** at least spell correctly.

0 0 Reply

May 20 #1162037

That's not their fault your cat passed away you should of put it up or threw it away. I wouldn't allow my cats to play with that unless supervised because common sense cats chew and eat about anything especially things like that so don't blame them it's not their fault you should be more aware of what you keep in your animals reach!

6 8 Reply

Jun 15 #1173505

''Anonymous'' sure has a lot to say, but won't put their real name down. Coward.

6 5 Reply

Sep 15 #1212993 Henderson, Nevada

I'm really sorry you lost your cat. And I'm even more sorry that people on the internet are so rude and mean. Companies don't care they only want the money. You can 't watch your pet 24 hours a day it's hard enough with kids. Pet toys should be safe and they're not.

0 0
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to KitNipBox. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about KitNipBox.
Filing a new complaint about